So I've been looking for an answer to a question for quite some time now.
And God decided to answer it through this lovely friend's email quotation that I've seen a hundred times.
It just has new, more eternal meaning to me now.
Let me break it down a bit so you may understand too. What is our purpose in this life? To receive a physical body and continue to learn to become like God (more info here); to become perfect as He is (Matthew 5:48) - so that we may live eternally with Him (here).
Ok, seems easy enough. How do we do this? We must learn to live His Celestial law while we live in this Terrestial state (D&C 88:25 or D&C 105:5).
That...not so easy. But if we want a Celestial life, the best way to prepare to live in the Celestial Kingdom (there), is to begin to live so here (on this earth).
Ok, seems easy enough. How do we do this? We must learn to live His Celestial law while we live in this Terrestial state (D&C 88:25 or D&C 105:5).
That...not so easy. But if we want a Celestial life, the best way to prepare to live in the Celestial Kingdom (there), is to begin to live so here (on this earth).
Aha moment!
(at least for me...I may have slaughtered that for you, sorry! If any of it doesn't make sense, feel free to comment or ask me and I'll try to do better to explain it).
(at least for me...I may have slaughtered that for you, sorry! If any of it doesn't make sense, feel free to comment or ask me and I'll try to do better to explain it).
*The best way to prepare for [the] life [you want to live] is to begin to live [that life you want].*
Thank you friend!
You know, I've read that quote over a million times in the last two years and I've never quite thought about it that way. It's so simple, really! You just made a whole lot of things connect for me - wow...
ReplyDeleteThank you, friend.