Thursday, March 11, 2010

Decisions Decisons

I've made many new decisions in my life and in the process, learned a lot about decision making and what God thinks about it.

I've struggled quite a bit because I had the idea that God had one path planned out for me and it was my job on this earth to figure out what that path was. During this process of deciding my future and what direction it's going to take me, I've come to realize that this life is not really about where we go, but who we become in life.

I think now that God doesn't really care where we go in life, as long as we learn, grow, and become the kind of person He knows we can become. Obviously, there are some times when God needs us to go somewhere specific, but maybe for the most part, it's really up to us and the experiences we want in life. So, I've decided to make some decisions with my specialty in my major and also with internships over the summer.

It's about what I learn and what I do with what I learn that matters.
Who I am, and how I treat those around me is more important than what career I get.

So many different directions life can take us. So many different areas of life God will accept as good. If I am trying my best to be an influence for good to those around me, I guess it doesn't matter too much what I'm doing.

At least, that's what I'm thinkin now. If I'm going astray, please direct me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

life.greatest.treasure

My Favorite Quotes

"A wise man once said do not ask for a light load, but rather for a strong back." - Unknown

"Well you think that you can take me on, you must be crazy. There ain't a single thing you got that's gonna phase me." - Song by Bryan Adams featured in the film Spirit.

"Man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is." - Albert Camus

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." — Anaïs Nin

"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." — Oscar Wilde

"A summit is a symbol that with the force of our will and the power of our legs, our backs and our two hands, we can transform our lives into whatever we choose them to be, whatever our hands are strong enough to create." - Erik Weinhenmayer