Monday, December 14, 2009

O, Father!

This is something I originally wrote to the tune of "O Come, O Come Emmanuel." It's not very good poetically/lyrically, but I think it describes what I feel sometimes. It's basically my prayer to God.


I'm passing through this life of woe and sin
I've lost my way and cannot find Him
I've tried my best, but I cannot win
I know not which way to begin

     PLEASE, I need thy aid!

Father, gracious and divine
Please send me an angel of thine
To strengthen me and draw the line
That thou might lighten my load
And I will know thy will in every fork in every road

I feel so alone, and I'm so afraid
All the voices in my head start a raid
Tearing at my mind, making it frayed
Please, fill my heart with thy mighty aid

  O, FATHER!
         PLEASE!




1 comment:

  1. Cosette,

    You amaze me. I hope your life is going well. Those lyrics are beautiful (and it also helps that "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" is one of my favorite songs).

    Have a very Merry Christmas!
    -Heidi

    ReplyDelete

life.greatest.treasure

My Favorite Quotes

"A wise man once said do not ask for a light load, but rather for a strong back." - Unknown

"Well you think that you can take me on, you must be crazy. There ain't a single thing you got that's gonna phase me." - Song by Bryan Adams featured in the film Spirit.

"Man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is." - Albert Camus

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." — Anaïs Nin

"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." — Oscar Wilde

"A summit is a symbol that with the force of our will and the power of our legs, our backs and our two hands, we can transform our lives into whatever we choose them to be, whatever our hands are strong enough to create." - Erik Weinhenmayer