This is for you Jenn, my sister love :)
So Valentine's Day... I loved it. I have the best boyfriend EVER! So Monday morning started out normal, just school and work and such (Monday's are my busy days). I had a great evening class, and even got out early.
When I arrived home, I was surprised by the very thoughtful present left for me on the kitchen
table.
Not only did he get me a flower, but he gave me the whole Peace Lily plant! Now I can have beautiful flowers that actually last!! :) P.S. Lilies are one of my favorite flowers.
He also gave me this cute bear - but it's not just one of those bears you buy from the store out of pure desperation because you need something to give your loved one on a special day. No, this one is one of the softest bears I've felt; and I love it! Oh, and I named him Charles :)
Oh, and he gave me a cute card with a squirrel holding conversation hearts - it's kinda an inside joke, but it was super sweet!
Naturally, I had to give him something back! Thank goodness I already had something planned! So I had made these hearts (8 total) with different things I love about Matt on them, then I had a bowl of some of his favorite candy and treats as well as two glass mugs that say "I Love You" on them - filled with sticks of gum - and a paper crown from Burger King that said "My Prince" on it. It wasn't much, but I didn't have much money to buy things with. Sorry, I didn't get very many pictures of this part!
So first off, I have three lovely roommates, Jen, Alexa and Rachel, who were home at the time, and offered to help me with my devious plot. They kindly took 5 of these hearts w/ things I love about Matt on them, and distributed them around Glenwood - at his car, the laundry room in the first building, and the hot tub to name a few. Then they grabbed Rachel's guitar, headed to his apartment, serenaded Matt with a few songs, then handed him the first heart to send him on his way in the little scavenger hunt.
Once he was out of the building, they called me and I ran over to his apartment with the large bowl of random items. With the help of his great roommates, I got the bowl on his bed, with a sign reading "Happy Valentines Day" & the remaining 3 hearts on his bedroom wall. Then I bailed out and waited for Matt to return. When he did...it was so cute! I love him!
Haha :)
Thanks for reading...I know it's a bit long.
So I really can't believe you didn't include my name in this... especially considering I sang such a beautiful screeching rendition of a love song with Rachel when we serenaded Matt... and I took the pictures... and I was the one who called you when the coast was clear... seriously, Cosette. Now I feel like I don't even exist... :( hahaha jk
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute Idea Cozy! I love this! I am so happy you are happy!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute idea! I love this! You two are DARLING!
ReplyDelete