I am grateful for Divine Assistance. I've heard people make the case that if God is going to put us
through this crazy life we might as well be able to take a few stiff drinks, or have some fun, or try a bunch of new things while we're at it. Funny thing though, God isn't making us do this, we are choosing to live. I'm just grateful He doesn't make us go through this life without His help and guidance. Elder Marion G. Romney stated, "Now, I tell you that you can make every decision in your life correctly if you can learn to follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit. This you can do if you will discipline yourself to yield your own feelings to the promptings of the spirit.” (Improvement Era, Dec. 1961, p. 947.) Isn't that a great blessing to know that we can do everything right in life if we just learn?! I think so, and I am so grateful for that.
I am also grateful for early mornings. Getting up and getting outside early in the morning,
when the sun is just barely starting to come up is awesome. The light comes slowly at first, barely outlining the mountains against the skyline. Then the colors on the horizon start to change, early morning clouds/fog linger on the mountains, and the snow capped tips begin to glimmer. The change comes relatively quickly, and one moment is quite different from the next. Finally, the light from the sun starts to shine through the canyons between mountains (one of which is Rock Canyon which brings light right onto the Provo Temple) and the sun begins its ascent for the day. It is really quite lovely.
when the sun is just barely starting to come up is awesome. The light comes slowly at first, barely outlining the mountains against the skyline. Then the colors on the horizon start to change, early morning clouds/fog linger on the mountains, and the snow capped tips begin to glimmer. The change comes relatively quickly, and one moment is quite different from the next. Finally, the light from the sun starts to shine through the canyons between mountains (one of which is Rock Canyon which brings light right onto the Provo Temple) and the sun begins its ascent for the day. It is really quite lovely.
No comments:
Post a Comment