Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Giving Thanks

I am grateful for my mother, who taught me many wonderful things, including how to cook. She has blessed me with the ability and knowledge I need about food and cooking, which have given me the ability to cook good, healthy foods (relatively) while I am on my own at college. It's amazing what I picked up from her, even if she thinks I wasn't listening or learning anything. I am so grateful for her patience and diligence in teaching me, for it has definitely made a difference in my life. Thank you mom! I love you!

(this is the only picture I could find of my beautiful mother...I promise, she's usually smiling :) -->)


I am also grateful for my bed. It's nice to have a soft mattress to sleep on at night, with a pillow under my head, blankets and sheets around me, and the wonderful quote quilt my grandmother made me (which I love, p.s.). I feel so blessed to have such a bed to sleep on! There are so many others who have to sleep on a dirt floor, or a thin mat, or on a park slide, or in an alley because they have no place to lay their heads. And yet I have so many places where I could comfortably sleep, and one I can even call my own, my bed. I am very grateful for this, and know that because I have been given much, I too must give (song here)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

life.greatest.treasure

My Favorite Quotes

"A wise man once said do not ask for a light load, but rather for a strong back." - Unknown

"Well you think that you can take me on, you must be crazy. There ain't a single thing you got that's gonna phase me." - Song by Bryan Adams featured in the film Spirit.

"Man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is." - Albert Camus

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." — Anaïs Nin

"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." — Oscar Wilde

"A summit is a symbol that with the force of our will and the power of our legs, our backs and our two hands, we can transform our lives into whatever we choose them to be, whatever our hands are strong enough to create." - Erik Weinhenmayer