Monday, November 22, 2010

Week of Thanks!

I am so so so grateful for the eternal perspective God can give us. It's beautiful, it's lovely, and most of all, it's sweet. Every time I get down, focus on myself, or become a bit prideful, He somehow finds a way to smack me with a dose of eternal reality. Thank goodness He does too! I love it. Life is absolutely wonderful when we have an eternal perspective. We can use it to combat fear, doubt, or uncertainty - with faith. :) God is good!


I am also very grateful for agency. The power God has given me and each of us to be agents for ourselves; to act and not simply be acted upon. Yeah, I'll admit, sometimes I think it would be loads easier if God just told us where to go, when to go, and how to get there specifically. But then how would we ever grow? How would we learn to make decisions on our own and just come to Him for counsel? We wouldn't. He gives us the gift to choose how our lives will turn out, because He gives us the opportunity to choose how we will act and react in every situation. Praise be to God, the Almighty and Omnipotent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

life.greatest.treasure

My Favorite Quotes

"A wise man once said do not ask for a light load, but rather for a strong back." - Unknown

"Well you think that you can take me on, you must be crazy. There ain't a single thing you got that's gonna phase me." - Song by Bryan Adams featured in the film Spirit.

"Man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is." - Albert Camus

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." — Anaïs Nin

"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." — Oscar Wilde

"A summit is a symbol that with the force of our will and the power of our legs, our backs and our two hands, we can transform our lives into whatever we choose them to be, whatever our hands are strong enough to create." - Erik Weinhenmayer