I'm going to throw in another one today, because I am incredibly grateful for books. I have had the opportunity to read a variety of books from my own choosing, or as required by a class, that have been very beneficial in my life. The ones I can think of off the top of my head are The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom, My Left Foot by Christy Brown, and The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis.
These books have all got be thinking about life, and what it means to actually live a life. If you haven't read them, I highly suggest it.

And of course, the most important book out there: The Book of Mormon. This book has changed my life. Literally. I'm not going to lie, getting through it the first time is hard, but it is definitely worth it. It brings knowledge and understanding, and most importantly truth to a world that is filled with lies and deceit.
The place where I post about my adventures in life and the lessons I learn from them.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
The Thanks Giving Project
I am grateful for my health. I have been incredibly blessed to have a strong body which is in great health. Mostly thanks to my mother I suppose.
She raised me very nutrition conscious, and while I hated it and complained about it when I was young, she held onto it because she knew it was healthy, and now I am very grateful for that. It is incredibly difficult to eat right and exercise properly all the time, to stay active and not take a lot of junk into your body, but my mother showed me how. I believe that is why I have my good health. It's a lifestyle, not a momentary diet or spurt of activity, but it takes constant effort in the little things to accomplish (remind you of anything else?).
On a similar note, I am also grateful for my two legs. I can walk anywhere I want, climb stairs, jump, hike, play, and run (oh yeah!) oh my two legs. With just my two legs, I can go anywhere at anytime I desire. They function well and do what they should, and I am so grateful that I have them to get on and around campus or anywhere else I need to go. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
life.greatest.treasure
My Favorite Quotes
"A wise man once said do not ask for a light load, but rather for a strong back." - Unknown
"Well you think that you can take me on, you must be crazy. There ain't a single thing you got that's gonna phase me." - Song by Bryan Adams featured in the film Spirit.
"Man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is." - Albert Camus
"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." — Anaïs Nin
"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." — Oscar Wilde
"A summit is a symbol that with the force of our will and the power of our legs, our backs and our two hands, we can transform our lives into whatever we choose them to be, whatever our hands are strong enough to create." - Erik Weinhenmayer
"A summit is a symbol that with the force of our will and the power of our legs, our backs and our two hands, we can transform our lives into whatever we choose them to be, whatever our hands are strong enough to create." - Erik Weinhenmayer
No comments:
Post a Comment