Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanks Giving

I am so incredibly grateful for our troops who sacrifice so much to fight for my freedoms, for your freedoms, for the freedoms of this country, and even for the freedoms of those people who are within this country and fight against them. Thank you dear soldiers! I pray for you and wish you the best in these upcoming holidays.



I am also grateful for grocery stores. Pretty much any food we want, all in one store right on the shelf.
We don't have to go hungry or starve. Our biggest complaint is usually that they ran out of our favorite brand of 1% milk by the time we got to the store in the evening. Big deal, we can always pick from any of the other 5 brands, or pick a different % milk and we'll be just fine. I feel so blessed today that I have grocery stores within walking distance and have so many options for food in one place. I don't have to labor all season in the fields for it, or worry about having a bad crop, or try to barter my food for someone else's so I can have some variety. In fact, in some cases, I don't even have to worry about taking the time to cook real food, if I choose, I can pick food that someone else has prepared and I just need to heat up in the microwave and enjoy (no, I don't choose this option, like, ever, but if I wanted to, the option is there). What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

life.greatest.treasure

My Favorite Quotes

"A wise man once said do not ask for a light load, but rather for a strong back." - Unknown

"Well you think that you can take me on, you must be crazy. There ain't a single thing you got that's gonna phase me." - Song by Bryan Adams featured in the film Spirit.

"Man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is." - Albert Camus

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." — Anaïs Nin

"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." — Oscar Wilde

"A summit is a symbol that with the force of our will and the power of our legs, our backs and our two hands, we can transform our lives into whatever we choose them to be, whatever our hands are strong enough to create." - Erik Weinhenmayer