I am grateful for the opportunity I have to volunteer in the ER at the local hospital. It is a wonderful experience for me, and I get to meet so many amazing people. Yesterday, I met this wonderful, elderly couple who were in their ER room for about 2.5 hours and they were just wonderful to meet! They were so patient, happy, and caring of each other the whole time. The wife read Ensign articles to her husband as they waited, and would not accept any drink or blanket until her husband was cleared to have a drink as well. Every time I passed their room, they were chatting happily or caring lovingly for each other. It just warmed my heart to see that :) One day, I will be like that with the man I choose to marry.
I am also grateful for music. It has such a power in my life. Any song I have listened to, even if it's not recently, can pop into my head at almost any moment. I am so grateful for all the good, uplifting music out there that can bring hope and inspiration to my mind at almost any time.
I am also grateful for family dinners. It is always fun to get with family, immediate or extended, to have dinner and to chat with each other. I love my family (extended too of course) and love to get together with them. Thanks Uncle Jack and Aunt Cathy for a wonderful evening!
Finally, I am grateful for my wonderful friend Jen. She has been such a wonderful friend and strength to me since we met. Because I have known her, I have been changed for good. Thank you Jen, you are wonderful! So patient and kind to me, and always willing to help me out (even when I decide I want to learn Spanish) :)
1. You are volunteering at the ER?! When did this happen? That's so cool!
ReplyDelete2. Thanks :) I'm just trying to be as good a friend to you as you've been to me for years now! :)