Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative.
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don’t mess with Mr. In-between
I am grateful for montras. A boy in my Missionary Prep
class told us about montras the other day, and I was so glad I found the official name for what I had been trying to do. According to google, a montra is, "the short version of the Pahli word "Mahantra" meaning protection, its origin from the Kurdish word "Pala" meaning to take refuge under." Montras are little sayings or quotes you repeat over and over in your mind when the going gets really tough and you just want to quit. At the moments when you start wanting to stop, or just want to give up, you focus your thoughts on this montra until you don't want to stop anymore. A few montras in my life have been:
The difference between a good person and a great one
is that the latter keeps going when he no longer wants to.
You can always take one more step!
"There isn't a person anywhere who isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can." - Henry Ford
Just hold on tight and never let go.
Greatness isn't found in never failing, but in getting up every time you fall.
Remember who you are, and know that you can.
I am also grateful for all the food I have. Sometimes I feel like I have nothing, but really, I have so much (just at that moment nothing I am particularly interested in eating) and I've never had to go hungry. It may not be much, but it is some. Honestly, more than a lot of people have. The Lord has been good to me and malnutrition or real hunger has never been a trial of mine. I am so grateful for that, and I hope that over the holiday season, I may help someone who does struggle with this trial through it.
No comments:
Post a Comment